Timmy

Timmy
Isnt he cute???

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Royal Blue - Summer Research

Well looking back I realised I should have started my project as soon as summer started,but I cant change that now. I worked so hard at getting my sketchbook up to a good standard, as if I dont like, and feel good about it, I wont hand be happy handing it in.
I feel this is my best sketchbook yet, but thats just my opinion.

I started looking at Cuffs, Collars and Corset. Then I realised we made cuffs and collars for productions in practice for making our white shirt, so I photographed them and put them in there as primary research.


I decided to use trimmings throughout to give my sketchbook a united feel.

I then looked at garments from the TV series Strictly Come Dancing, as they are all very costume like and relate to this project. I also looked at Shakespeare and outfits used in his Globe Theatre.


I then looked at designers collections. I looked at slightly costume-like collections and single colour collections to understand how they used texture and print to create a garment that was exciting and not bland, and boring.


I then looked at European history, and I can tell you now, for my theme a lot more visits to the library will be needed. I first began looking and Italy and Spain, places close to England. Then I looked at Iceland, a place where we dont know much about here in England, and this is where I found my theme. I then went on to Russia and different eras of British History.




This is an overview of my sketchbook.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment