Timmy

Timmy
Isnt he cute???

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Royal Blue

Its been a while since my last blog so I wanted to catch you up on my project. I decided to make the top half of my garment out of plastic. This came from the idea that Kosem Sultan was consumed by power and trapped in her own body, this led me to the idea of caterpillars turning into cocoons, and cages for holding animals. Some cages are made out of plastic. I had to go to Sutton Campus to create the plastic using different saws, such as a ban saw, and drills, to cut he shape of the plastic I wanted. Before this I had to make it out of cardboard to explain to them just how I wanted it to look, so I used this as my toile. To heat and bend the plastic into shape, I used a strip heater to bend each bend individually, and each took a few minutes, but it turned out quite good. NOw I just need to get the skirt looking as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment