Timmy

Timmy
Isnt he cute???

Thursday 6 May 2010

Design Development!

My designs were a mess to begin with. Im not going to lie! They looked like a superhero costume from a movie or something. I realised it was because i was trying to fit too much into one design. I wanted shoulder pads, gloves and a cape. In one garment these would just look like a mess and they did. Eventually i refined my ideas into simpler forms, for example instead of shoulder pads, i added structure and form to my garment. After many, many attempts i came up with my FINAL DESIGN. I am really proud of it, as it came from extensive research which had to be refined down so much and simplified that i changed my mind from gloves to no gloves etc.

FINAL DESIGN

I am still a bit unsure about the colour of the sleeves, so any comments would be appreciated. By using Paint Shop Pro I tried to recreate the smudged effect the fabric would get when it has been buried in the ground for a few days.
This is my development leading up to my final design.






No comments:

Post a Comment