Timmy

Timmy
Isnt he cute???

Saturday 1 May 2010

Saving the Environment!

My first inspiration came when i looked at the work of Janet Cooper adn Tamara Fogle. I liked the way they use recyclable materials in different ways. I began thinking that if the world did end you wouldnt have the luxury to pick and choose the material you get to use.



This Janet Cooper creation uses moss, netting and sticks to create a garment. I love the use of innovative and living materials. I originally had an idea to use real leaves on my garment but then the problem of them decomposing and rotting on the model was a bit too much to handle.


This Janet Cooper creation uses bin bags and bottle tops to create this light and breathable effect. Since the idea of using materials that were alive didnt work out in my thought process I then moved on to the idea of using recyclable materials that arent alive such as bin bags and netting.


I also looked at the work of Tamara Fogle. These handbags were made using antique German flour sacks from 1830 to 1930. They have the original marks and stains and holes in them. The black writing, which is different on every sack, has the farmers' name, and in some cases, the date the sack was made. I like the thought of using something that has been around for possibly 1 hundred years, and turning it into something beautiful, that still has its original markings.

No comments:

Post a Comment